How to Become a Practicing Astrologer
NEW! Enrollment is open year-round
"Is Astrology a science or is it a spiritual art? Astrology, properly understood, is both a science and a spiritual art. It explains the paradoxes of existence and reveals the plan of life. It gives great inspiration and understanding to one's own life."
— Sri Goswami Kriyananda
How to Become a Practicing Astrologer is one of Sri Goswami Kriyananda's key self-study courses. This unique and highly-acclaimed course program has been researched, written and narrated by Goswami Kriyananda and in it he shares with you the skills, knowledge, insights and deep secrets that he has discovered during his many years of astrological study and from the more than 10,000 consultations he has given.
This 24-month home study program enables you to start wherever you are in your astrology studies - novice or experienced student - and gain the skills necessary to become a practicing astrologer. Learn the deeper meaning of the planets, signs, houses and aspects. Goswami Kriyananda draws upon his 60 years of experience as an astrologer to share esoteric techniques such as metaphysical methods to soften karma shown in a natal chart and how to interpret prenatal eclipses.
Astrology is a spiritual tool for self-improvement. It is a technique for guiding yourself and others to great self-awareness ans free will. It is also the art of proper timing. Through the completion of the this program you will be able to earn added income while gaining spiritual merit. Here is an opportunity for you to secure a financial base and be of service to others who are seeking direction in their lives and solutions to their problems.
Special lessons on astrological counseling will teach you how to use astrology as both a predictive and spiritual tool for your clients. Practical professional advice on building an astrological counseling practice is also provided.
For your convenience, this home-study program is divided into three parts. Part I will be sent to you upon receipt of your paid registration. If you have registered for the complete course, Part II and Part III will be shipped at intervals, unless you request otherwise. The materials in each part build upon one another. Although the course is designed to be completed in approximately 24 months, you can, if you wish, finish sooner or later. You set your own pace.
Each part includes approximately 40 CDs (in three attractive binders). You will also receive books, lessons, flash cards and horoscopes to support and facilitate your learning.
This complete course includes three large volumes of printed astrology lessons, including study guides, flash cards and self-help tests. A free copy of Goswami Kriyananda's 420-page classic text, The Wisdom and Way of Astrology, is also a part of your program! The complete course includes more than 120 CDs.
How to Become a Practicing Astrologer covers all of the following topics:
- The planets, signs, houses and aspects as they relate to giving natal astrological consultations
- The knowledge and skills you'll need to delineate any horoscope
- The art of understanding people by their Sun, Moon and Ascendant
- The secrets to interpreting transits and progressions (i.e., how to predict events)
- How Astrology reveals the karmas of this lifetime
- The importance of when to begin a vital life activity
- What the World Chart reveals
- How to determine the proper timing of events
- Past-life Astrology
- How to interpret lunations and prenatal lunar conjunctions
- The essential techniques for guiding people via Astrology
- Little known short-cuts for calculating charts
- When, where and how to set up your own astrological practice
- How to attract clients, obtain publicity, and set fees
This course is designed so that no written assignments need be submitted. However, many study guides and self-help tests with separate answer sheets are included for your self evaluation. In this way, you can be sure that you have mastered each unit before moving on to the next one. If you have any questions while progressing through the course, you may contact the Temple of Kriya Yoga by phone, mail or e-mail. We are here to help you in every way possible!
Your course materials will include:
- More than 120 audio CDs in three attractive binders
- Three volumes of printed lessons to support the CDs
- Special transcripts from Sri Goswami Kriyananda's teaching library
- Seven different sets of flash-cards to assist your learning
- A variety of study guides and printed charts
- Study questions (with separate answers) for self-evaluation
- Other written material to help you see Astrology effectively
- Your personal natal horoscope
- 20 horoscope blanks for creating your own horoscopes
- Sri Goswami Kriyananda's book The Wisdom and Way of Astrology
Hard Copy (includes CDs and printed lessons): Tuition for the entire course is $2,495 with $832 due upon registration and two remaining payments of $832 each. However, if you register and pay in-full at the time of registration, you will receive a discount, reducing the tuition for the entire program to just $2,245.
NEW! Digital Download (includes MP3s and text in digital format): Available Spring 2012. Tuition for the entire course is $2244 with $748 due upon registration and two remaining payments of $748 each. However, if you register and pay in-full at the time of registration, you will receive a discount, reducing the tuition for the entire program to just $2020.
Satisfaction Guaranteed: We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with this program for 60 days. If the program fails to meet your expectations — for any reason — simply return it with receipt for a full refund or exchange — whichever you prefer.
All downloadable audio, video and written lessons are covered by a 30-day guarantee.
Click here to download course information, application, and sample printed lessons.
Please contact the Temple to request more information.
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Books, CDs, DVDs and Programs from the Temple of Kriya Yoga. Learn more